Submerge yourself in the history of submarines! Climb aboard the historic World War II submarine USS Bowfin, nicknamed “The Pearl Harbor Avenger,” to see how confining and demanding the life of the undersea warrior was. Self-guided tours of Bowfin await you and your students.
- School group admission fees are $10.00 per student through high school, and $10.00 per accompanying adult.
- We suggest a ratio of at least 1 adult per group of 15 high school (or younger) students.
- We are open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
- Please allow 90 minutes for your visit.
- Homeschoolers, scouts, adult education groups, Road Scholars, and other educationally based organizations are welcome, as well.
To reserve a school visit please contact us through this form.
Schools often combine visits to Bowfin Park with the Arizona Memorial or our other Pearl Harbor Historic Partners – the Battleship Missouri Memorial and the Pacific Aviation Museum. We even have a “Spend the day, stay the night” program – groups visit all four historic sites and sleep aboard the “Mighty Mo.”
Coloring Book Pages
We offer two free downloadable coloring pages for children of all ages to enjoy. Please feel free to share the finished pages on our Instagram page using the hashtag #BowfinandBeyond for a chance to be featured. Bowfin Logo | Bowfin Submarine
Bowfin Park Quiz
A ready-made, 20-question quiz on our submarine and museum is available, appropriate for 4th Grade through Middle School students. Answers are included with the teacher's version.
Our archives and research library are available by appointment to upper-level students and adults who wish to conduct research on submarine-related topics.
Contact our education director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (808) 423-1341 to arrange your visit. A free presentation in your classroom on the history and science of submarines is also available.